Buying GL2 (need advice) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Closed Thread

Old January 12th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Buying GL2 (need advice)

I’m ready to buy a GL2 but from who? Saw - buydig.com - current offer around $1750.00 after rebate deduction. 17th Street Photo current offer around $1950.00 after rebate. Are these both good dealers does it make any difference except I save $200.00 going with buydig.com. or there better deals out there from authorized Canon dealers?
Please help I know there are scammers out there
Thanks for your input,
Steve
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Welcome Steve,
I highly recommend that you purchase your GL2 from one of our sponsors, such as B&H, EVS, Zotz, or ZGC. Each is an authorized Canon dealer and each will give you a competitive price, deliver the camera promptly, and stand behind the sale.

While you may think I'm merely mouthing the party line here, you'd be dead wrong. I, and many other members, bought a great deal of gear from these companies long before most became sponsors here. I can assure you that Chris would not have invited their sponsorship, or continued it, if these were shoddy outfits.

Fishing for "rock-bottom bargains" is generally a fool's game with these cameras. The "owner has brain damage" prices have many strings and gimmicks attached. (Ex: Lens caps sold as extras for $25, battery charger sold for $100, shipping charged at $100, the camera is suddenly "out of stock" if you don't buy a $200 "starter package" filled with cheap junk, the list goes on and on...)

So be sure you get the new, fully-warrantied Canon GL2 that you deserve.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders