You Can't Fix The Zoom at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old January 8th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #1
New Boot

You Can't Fix The Zoom

sorry Guys you can't fix the zoom problem
I work at a tv station and I have the luxury of having 10 eng
I had them take a look at it, and they told me that the way that the zoom mechanism was made, the wire tape will eventually crack,(very small hair line crack) results ... no zoom or every now and then it will touch and zoom on its own.... sorry to bring the bad news the only way to fix it is to go through canon.

if it has not happen be ready
Rod Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #2
Old Boot

I visited Canon here in UK. "Have you had reports of this?" "No" . . . ok . . here we go . ..

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I had the exact same problem, and i had to take it to canon, luckly they were right down the street
Matt Hagest is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders