The Attack of the Missing Pixel! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old August 26th, 2005, 09:19 AM   #1
Old Boot

The Attack of the Missing Pixel!

Yup .. Grazie gets Pixied! Not the LCD or Eyepiece . . .

Last week I was doing some Nature video work . . don't ask! On return to base and "marvelling" at my superb camera work - top left quadrant -a PIXIE! A White nasty looking individual. Camera shake didn't budge it . . I'm thinking the worst . . I do a real time direct to Pro monitor . .my worst nightmare's are confirmed. Nothing to do with the tape or anything mechanical. This is CCD stuff and it is stuffed . .. ugh .. . !

However . .. as Canon repair is about 20 minutes from me I delivered it to them and am told by the next day that I not only have one but 3 pixies out! - Didn't even see them!

AND THIS IS THE THING! . .

I had the camera back with me - here as I type - within 48 hours. Is THIS a record?

Well done Canon! Very well done .. . I'm testing now and the Pixie's are history . . .

So their report is : "replaced 3P Prism Assy, Carried out adjustments to camera sections. Checked all functions OK. replacement of electrical components and a new Drive Gear assembly - I didn't even KNOW about that!

Anyways, all under the year's warranty - DONE!

Thanks Mr Canon!

Back in business ..

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #2
Major Player

About how much did this cost ya?
Old August 27th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #3
Old Boot

Zip! - Still under warranty. - G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders