best teleconverter for GL2? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old June 26th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #16
Wrangler

i apologize for any perceived attacks on my part.

here's a link which you might find helpful.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...+teleconverter
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #17
Major Player

I have used several teleconvertors, but strongly recommend the Century Precision Optics 58 mm 2x convertor mentioned above. Yes, it costs around $ 400 new as I remember, but it is optically very good, and you can use adaptor rings to use it on other cameras. I got mine from B & H several years ago and have had excellent results.
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #18
New Boot

Meryem,

that is the thread that I found on a search that made me decide to ask the question again, since there was no definitive answer, the first TC was never identified (even after I referenced the original thread), and the topic strayed into sony converters, FX1's, 1.6's, 1.7's, back and forth to see links to pretty pictures, chats about visiting each other, etc., and finally, one of YOUR responses which led me to recommend the Century.

If Grazie or you had opined for the CO 2X in the first place then none of this egotizing would have occured, and ignoramouses like jersey jim would have had to find other threads to misinterpret.

ALERT!!! GASEOUS AND BLUSTERY RESPONSES TO FOLLOW, CONDITION NOT LIKELY TO IMPROVE, PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
Jeffry Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #19
Major Player

EDIT: nevermind. But chill out, Jeffry. Jeez.
Old June 26th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #20
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod Whaley
EDIT: nevermind. But chill out, Jeffry. Jeez.
dude, sorry the ALERT didn't warn you from continuing this unnecessary and obsequious dialogue, but if you didn't happen to notice it, I answered my own question, like, 12 posts ago. But I am glad that I caused you to edit your initial vitriolic response, so as not to look like you took the bait too hard.
So go home, or go to sleep, or whatever you do in Chatanooga, but let it go man, this convo is ended, and I have work to do.

J*

END OF TRANSMISSION
Jeffry Alan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders