HV20 - DVFilm Maker Solution - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old September 12th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #16
Major Player

Vegas works with it.
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:37 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia Loli-Queru View Post
Vegas works with it.
But won't Vegas remove the pulldown all by itself already?
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #18
Major Player

No. Vegas does not support HV20's required version of pulldown removal.
Old September 12th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #19
Trustee

So the, back to the point, what other NLEs will this Cineform product work in? Thanks!
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Neo HDV provides a capture utility (HDLink) and a codec (Cineform Intermediate), for use with most any editor. It is my understanding that that also includes Premiere, though I have confirmed that continues to be the case. Aspect with Premiere provides additional color correction and speed enhancements that add to the editing capabilities in Premiere.

It is my understanding that for PC editing, Cineform produces a .avi file, that should edit with any program that can access the codec. You can ask this in the Cineform subforum here at DVinfo.net to confirm.
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Neo HDV provides a capture utility (HDLink) and a codec (Cineform Intermediate), for use with most any editor. It is my understanding that that also includes Premiere, though I have confirmed that continues to be the case. Aspect with Premiere provides additional color correction and speed enhancements that add to the editing capabilities in Premiere.

It is my understanding that for PC editing, Cineform produces a .avi file, that should edit with any program that can access the codec. You can ask this in the Cineform subforum here at DVinfo.net to confirm.
Yes, here are the statements from Cineform and NEO and ASPECT. For NEO is says "most" applications, then names some companies, but seems to specifically leaves out Avid. So when it says "most" don't know what applications excluding.

So, as you suggest, if I want to know I'll go to another forum. Thanks.

From the Cineform website:

# NEO: The NEO product family delivers a software post-production environment compatible with most high-resolution video/film applications on Windows and Mac OS X, including those from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Sony, and others. NEO supports spatial resolutions from HDV to 2K, I/O precision up to 12 bits, and numerous format conversion features including inverse telecine for 24p workflows. Features are similar on both platforms whenever possible, and resulting CineForm files are always compatible across platforms.

# Aspect HD / Prospect HD / Prospect 2K: The Aspect and Prospect family run on Windows, and include all the features of NEO. But in addition, Aspect and Prospect include CineForm's real-time video processing engine for Adobe Premiere Pro that delivers unmatched real-time, multi-stream editing performance on the Premiere Pro timeline that eliminates the need for rendering for most common functions. CineForm's real-time video engine is software-based, so it scales fully with CPU performance and is never limited in functionality as is common with hardware-based architectures. Prospect HD/2K also include the CineForm QuickTime codec for Mac.
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM   #22
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia Loli-Queru View Post
Thanks. Did that fix also fixed the Lagarith crash? I suspend is the same bug.
Maker 2.4a is now online and it does fix the third-party codec
problems. I checked it with Huffyuv and Cineform.

Try it at http://dvfilm.com/maker
Marcus van Bavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #23
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
For the $145.00 cost of DVfilm maker wouldn't it be better to just buy Cineform Neo HDV? It may still cost a little bit more but look how much time you will save and you would end up with a format you can actually edit and not a hard to use lossless file or uncompressed file. For the $250.00 for Cineform Neo HDV you get a capture tool, a way to remove the pulldown on the fly and a great visually lossless codec that can be edited in certain NLE's in RT.
For $195 you can get DVFilm Raylight with Maker which also permits real time editing. The Raylight 1440x1080 codec has only about .5% added noise per generation.

Maker has a superior 60i to 24p and 60i to 30p method vs. HDLink (which reduces vertical resolution 50%). Many people already own Maker just for this purpose. This is only a factor for 60i material that does not have pulldown.

Also Maker can encode/decode many 3rd-party AVI codecs and can decode/encode Quicktime with most any codec.

Finally some minor usability points, Maker has a drag-n-drop user interface and also a built-in viewer, and previews the results while the conversion is taking place. This can help you ensure you've selected the right clip and the settings are correct before the conversion is done :)
Marcus van Bavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #24
Major Player

The new demo I downloaded STILL crashes:

AppName: makerdemo.exe AppVer: 2.4.1.0 ModName: makerdemo.exe
ModVer: 2.4.1.0 Offset: 00012501

This time it crashes right after I press "start".

Also, the Quicktime bug is still not fixed and so the app still crashes on load if QT is not set to "safe mode".
Old September 20th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #25
Regular Crew

I get the same error in the quicktime.qts even after installing the latest version of quicktime.....
Kevin Borein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders