IAF and AF problems fixed with reset button at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old October 26th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #1
Major Player

IAF and AF problems fixed with reset button

I have not used my HV20 much since about May when both the autofocus and instant autofocus stopped working well. In either mode and in almost all situations, it would take the camera 3 to 4 seconds to lock on focus.

I called Canon today and was getting ready to send it in for warranty repairs, and the tech support guy said "have you tried hitting the reset button behind the battery?" I didn't know there was a reset button. I put the tip of a pen into the reset button hole for 10 seconds, and now the focus is as good as new.

Maybe this has been covered in other threads, but I thought I would mention this here anyway. It was a great relief to know I can start using the camera again and I won't have to send it off to Canon.

Cheers

Pat
Pat Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #2
Major Player

cool tip

cheers
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Pat,

Thanks for passing on that info. May help many people!

Mike
Old October 30th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #4
Trustee

I will try this later. I noticed around JUly 4th that the IAF seemed really slow, expecially on zoomed footage to the extreme telephoto. I often had to pull back and let it focus on a medium shot as the telephoto just didn't seem to be focusing at all.

Thanks. I'll let you know if this helps.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders