Wireless Video Trans/Receive at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old October 30th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wireless Video Trans/Receive

I am wanting to hook up a wireless device of some kind that i can hook to my hv20 and then broadcast up to 200 feet away to a projector. I have searched all over the net and am having a hard time finding anything. I know all major news stations use devices like that but where do you get them? Right now I am looking into wirless HDMI, but the products just aren't out there much yet, but they will be soon. Any suggestions, SD or HD, either will work.
Kevin Borein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #2
Major Player

I remember reading about a HDMI unit that would sent signals wireless. 200feet is a tall order, even for wired units.

There is a solution that takes (either HDMI or HD-SDI - can't recall) video, converts it to Gigabit-Ethernet and then again terminates on the far end with a convertor again with a standard video jack (again, either HDMI or HD-SDI).

So options do exist, or will exist. Wish I could help further.
Old October 30th, 2007, 12:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I went to a JVC seminar last week and they showed a microwave transmitter attached to the back of a camera (Pro-camcorder) that worked beautifully. The guy with the camera started outside the building and walked around and than finally walked into the room where the seminar was taking place. It was amazing but I think it probably was quite expensive as above $5000. Depending on the distance of the newsvan to the station, I believe most of them go portable camcorder to van to satelite to TV station.
John Hotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #4
Major Player

I have never seen a major news station using a wireless video transmitter before. I know at the Olympics the steadycam guy had a wireless system, but I doubt you have the budget of the Olympics. The local baseball stadium has one too, but it requires a second person to hold the antenna. Your best option may be a cable, but for transmitting HD a cable 200 feet long might be quite expensive.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi Kevin.........

Think you are after something like this:

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...uct/View/L5894

Should be able to find something similar @ Radio Shack or other decent electronics store. 200 feet could be a bit of an ask but if the unit you source operates on 2.4 Gig or thereabouts, a Wi Lan booster amp and aerial should pick up the slack.

CS

PS. To pre - empt your next question, check these out:

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.fil...ogs/CTG0001782

Similar should be available at your local electronics/ computer store. Beware that both units together may result in the signal being picked up on the ISS. What a novel up - link!

Last edited by Chris Soucy; October 30th, 2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Addition
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I use PRO X2 for aerial photo and video. Very good device.
http://www.hicam.com.au/pro_x2.htm
Svyatoslav Pylypchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #7
Trustee

I found this one in Aus - the price is right..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tiny-on-camer...QQcmdZViewItem

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders