Capture via Component Device Control via Firewire at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old November 12th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Capture via Component Device Control via Firewire

In Final Cut Pro I want to capture the video via the Component out of the HV20. Final Cut Pro won't control the hv20 for any of the the Firewire control presets (NTSC, Basic, NDF).

If I use the HDV60 easy setup though it has no problem controlling the hv20.

What device control preset should I use to control the HV20 while capturing via component?
Ryan Szulczewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

OK so I figured out that the device control is the Sony HDV Firewire preset. The problem is if I select that I have to capture HDV as well. I can't just control the camera with that preset and capture via the component. If I select Sony HDV Firewire as the device control preset it tells me I have to capture HDV.
Ryan Szulczewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 06:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Nevermind I am an idiot.

This is a case of someone not wanting to try something different. I didn't want to use the HDV capture preset because of space issues but upon capture I don't think it took up a whole lot more space than 8 bit uncompressed SD (I didn't actually check, but hey I'm happy)

So ignore this post and go about your regularly scheduled day.
Ryan Szulczewski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders