HF10/HF100 Section? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HF10/HF100 Section?

Will there be a section for HF10/HF100 users like the other HV10/20/30 group? If not, where would be an appropriate place to link sample shots taken with these cams?
Stephen Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #2
Major Player

It looks like HDV is treated with a higher priority right now, each brand has its corresponding HDV section.

I'd have to think that here is the appropriate place to post sample footage, given that this is the only AVCHD subforum.

Now that AVCHD is getting a bit more established and into its second or third generation of products, maybe it is time to split off the AVCHD cameras by brand or storage media, but that's totally up to the admin.
Jeff DeMaagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Yeah, I'm thinkin' it's about time to bust this board up by manufacturer... Sony, Panasonic, Canon.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:07 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes, please do so, Chris.
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Yeah, I'm thinkin' it's about time to bust this board up by manufacturer... Sony, Panasonic, Canon.
Don’t forget about a section specifically for cheep HD camcorders like the Aiptek Action HD and the DXG 595V.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Trustee

Chris,

I'm one of those who finds this board very useful the way you have it set up. It's easy enough to go to the manufacturer specific areas you have. But it's your board and I'm grateful it's here in whatever format you have set up.

But for the time being you could add a Canon HF10/100 section just below the one for Canon HV20/30.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:44 AM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
That would be a great move. As a newbie here it does take some thought to think which is the right place to post...never heard of half the cams on here so I'm sure other newbs might feel the same. By brand is always easier.
Just my 1p's worth.

Ross

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders