hf10 hf100 with mke400 or dm100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM   #1
New Boot

hf10 hf100 with mke400 or dm100?

Has anybody compared the sennheiser mke-400 to the canon dm-100? I know people have had trouble with the mke-400 on hv20s due to motor noise, but that isn't a problem with the new flash cameras. The mics are both around $200, but I'm just wondering if the sennheiser is worth the extra $30 for the shoe adapter.
Dustin Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:33 AM   #2
Major Player

Dustin, I'd like to add another question:
How much better is the HF100 audio with an external mic in terms of signal to noise ratio anyway? In other words: How good is the HF100's preamp?
(I am asking this because I find the inboard audio of the HF100 too noisy, too much hissing, not better than the HV30 audio. Since the HF100 is completely silent I would have expected an improvement.)

Last edited by Michael Mann; June 3rd, 2008 at 12:19 AM.
Michael Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:01 AM   #3
Trustee

The audio sounds pretty clean to me with a Rode SVM. (I have the HF100)

Of course I never try to mount it on top of a camera, I use it most of the time on a light stand or light stand with boom, or occasionally on an old Jones bracket that used to be used to center flash over the lens of a Hasselblad.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders