offload hfs11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old October 15th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #1
New Boot

offload hfs11

i have the hfs11 and am wondering about the best way to offload

do i have to offload the photos/video on the internal memory and the photos/video on the SD card separately?

any way to do it all at once?

(i have shotput pro but dont know if that really matters in this case)
Jonas Marlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

When you connect the camcorder to your computer via USB2 cable, the SDHC card within as well as the built-in flash memory drive will indeed mount as two separate drives, so yes it is a separate process for each, but still pretty simple since all you have to do is drag and drop the files to your computer.

You might find it faster to use a separate SDHC card reader (less than $15) instead of leaving the card inside the camcorder.

Note that the camcorder must be powered by the AC power supply when it's connected to the computer -- it won't mount the drives if it's just running on the battery. You'll get an on-screen warning to connect the AC power supply in that case. Also, the LCD screen will say "Do not disconnect the USB cable or the power supply while the camcorder is connected to the computer," which might leave you wondering who the heck you're supposed to disconnect it when you're finished transferring files. The answer is to go to your computer and un-mount the camcorder's drives first. Then you can disconnect the USB cable and the AC power supply. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #3
New Boot

thank you

it seems a bit finicy...i had to plug in the usb and switch from play to camera and back to play to get the mac to see the drives....

im sure you are right about doing the card VS the int memory in a separate process

do you happen to know why the file structure is different?
Attached Thumbnails
offload hfs11-file-structure.jpg  
Jonas Marlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I usually just use an SD card and reader, rather than connecting the camcorder directly.
Jordan Nash is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders