Can This Camera Be Saved? Please Help. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:31 PM   #31
Major Player

Re: Can This Camera Be Saved? Please Help.

For those possibly still curious, the Canon Sx260 went on a trip to Manhattan today, and it took some very nice photos. The weather was perfect. I also took a few shots on the Samsung smartphone--good photo quality, but a bit awkward to take them compared to the Canon. Anyway, taking photos on a smartphone isn't a priority, so it doesn't matter. I was going to have lunch by the Lincoln Center fountain, but thought the better of it, given past problems. ;D
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 01:31 PM   #32
Major Player

A month after the original incident, it's a bit ironic that the Canon SX260 found itself out on a boat, surrounded by water. I made sure the camera was strapped around my wrist, and it made it back to land nice and dry.
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #33
Major Player

Yep, back again. Thought I'd mention just how impressively this camera did with its video feature. I used it as a backup for an outdoor concert. I popped it onto a lightstand. The audio wasn't critical since I was recording audio separately. The visuals though were fantastic. It even upstaged the Canon HFG10 at times, the latter sometimes getting overexposed results while the SX260 captured consistently excellent color and sharpness while left on its own. And so small and unassuming on the lightstand! The one debit was my error--the battery went halfway through and I neglected to bring a backup. But it was an experiment, and as such I was pleasantly pleased. As a bonus it didn't rain.
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders