Canon Legria Creative mini X at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 25th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #1
Major Player

Canon Legria Creative mini X

After a protracted wait, my Canon Legria Creative mini X finally arrived this morning :) I’m hoping to put it through its paces over the next few days and upload a short to Vimeo. So far I’m really impressed with it.

Just unfortunate that I can’t get any extra batteries and an external charger for it yet!

Does anyone else have one of these cams?

Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 09:36 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Canon Legria Creative mini X

Saw this little cam up close and personal last month at CES. Pretty cool. There's supposed to be a WiFi-controllable pan & tilt base for it and other Vixia / Legria camcorders. It's the Canon CT-V1 Wireless Pan Cradle. Very interesting concept. Please be sure to post the URL for your Vimeo link when it's ready, Paul -- thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #3
Wrangler

How is the video compared to , say, the GoPro?

NB-12L battery (from Canon, also used in the PowerShot N cameras?)
CB-2LG charger (new from Canon)
$49 and $45 at B&H, charger not yet in stock.

I see some chargers listed on e-bay that claim to support the NB-12, if that is the same as the NB-12L>
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:16 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Saw this little cam up close and personal last month at CES. Pretty cool. There's supposed to be a WiFi-controllable pan & tilt base for it and other Vixia / Legria camcorders. It's the Canon CT-V1 Wireless Pan Cradle. Very interesting concept. Please be sure to post the URL for your Vimeo link when it's ready, Paul -- thanks in advance,
I’ll post the link as soon as I've put something together Chris :)

I saw the CT-V1 Wireless Pan Cradle on Canon’s website but no dealers in the UK are listing them yet unfortunately. In a couple of months perhaps? The month of May seems to be floating around. Like you I think it’s a nifty concept :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Palomaki View Post
How is the video compared to , say, the GoPro?

NB-12L battery (from Canon, also used in the PowerShot N cameras?)
CB-2LG charger (new from Canon)
$49 and $45 at B&H, charger not yet in stock.

I see some chargers listed on e-bay that claim to support the NB-12, if that is the same as the NB-12L>
Funny you should ask that Don. I compared it quickly with an original GoPro last night. The mini X doesn't have as severe barrel distortion as the GoPro. The most striking difference I noticed is how they handled the exposure in auto mode. The GoPro has a much brighter image whereas the mini X is exposing as the eye would see it. Pretty much like my XA20 from an initial test those two cameras seem to match very well.

I know it isn't a true or fair comparison but I'll try to included some footage from the GoPro (original) shot at the same time of the same scene in my footage test.

The mini X uses NB-12L Batteries which I understand aren't available until the beginning of May. A couple of Canons new P&S also use this new battery.
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #5
Major Player

Canon VIXIA mini X HD Camcorder

Anything new on this? Did you get the comparison done and posted?

I just saw this on B&H, and for $339, it looks like an amazing alternative to the GoPro for wedding work.
Old December 10th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #6
Major Player

These are on sale at BH today for $129 ($170 off).

I figure at that price I can get two for the price of one.

If I don't like them, I can sell them and not lose anything later at that price.
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:24 AM   #7
Wrangler

It is the "VIXIA Mini," not the "VIXIA mini X" that is on sale. I believe that it is the earlier verion.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders