Rendering Back To Native Format In HV10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old January 8th, 2007, 01:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Rendering Back To Native Format In HV10

Hello, I am getting close to making the jump into the HD world. (My treasured Canon Optura Xi just developed a bad fault). :(

Here's my question: I've downloaded some raw footage from the HV10. I know that its native format is .m2t, (although I'm not exactly sure what that is, and how it relates to the other consumer HDV formats that are showing up). I'd like to render color corrected/edited footage so that I can play back in it's native resolution, from whatever I can squeeze at a time (maybe 20 minutes) as raw data files on a DVD. I'll play the disks from the new editing computer I built that is attached to my HDTV via component out.

So, I'm using Vegas 7, and I tried rendering to the WMV HD template. It's taking forever! Would it be faster to just render back to the same .m2t format that the camera writes? What is that format exactly, and does Vegas have a setting for it? What if I wanted to render and write directly back to the camera via firewire? Is that possible? Thanks in advance for all the great advice you guys offer here.

Kevin
Kevin A. Sturges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:35 AM   #2
Major Player

Yes, you can render back to your camcorder via firewire. Click the "tools" pulldown menu, click "print video to HDV tape".

You can then recapture. The raw m2t file although large will look better than a compressed wmv file.
Ron Chau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Ron. If I wanted to save those files to disk, what preset would I use in Vegas? There's so many of them. Sorry for being redundant.
Old January 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #4
Major Player

If you have the disk space, save the raw m2t files.
Ron Chau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 12:18 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks again, but I still don't have my question answered; after I edit the files in Vegas 7, what preset, or format do I use to render them back to their exact original format? Should I be asking this in the Vegas forum?
Old January 9th, 2007, 12:23 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I don't mean to sound stupid here, but is there a preset for .m2t?
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #7
Major Player

when you capture the video from the camcorder it is already in m2t format.
Ron Chau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders