HV20 Deer Clip - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 7th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #16
New Boot

Jacob, if this wasn't shot in the HDV24 setting to begin with, Cineform has no pulldown to remove and is probably removing good fields/frames. When I brought this in to VirtualDub the first day you posted it, I could clearly tell it was shot in 60i HDV so there is no pulldown to begin with, just interlaced artifacts. The pulldown is only put in there with the HDV24 setting in the camera, no other way is it put in. Try just simply deinterlacing it with a quality "area/motion" based deinterlacer to convert it to 30p or better yet, Magic Bullet suite to covert the 60i footage to a faux 24p). I recommend Virtualdub because it also has a good Deshaker plug-in that has been a lifesaver for me in the past. Give it a try.
Mark Patrick Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Patrick Anderson View Post
Jacob, if this wasn't shot in the HDV24 setting to begin with, Cineform has no pulldown to remove and is probably removing good fields/frames. When I brought this in to VirtualDub the first day you posted it, I could clearly tell it was shot in 60i HDV so there is no pulldown to begin with, just interlaced artifacts. The pulldown is only put in there with the HDV24 setting in the camera, no other way is it put in. Try just simply deinterlacing it with a quality "area/motion" based deinterlacer to convert it to 30p or better yet, Magic Bullet suite to covert the 60i footage to a faux 24p). I recommend Virtualdub because it also has a good Deshaker plug-in that has been a lifesaver for me in the past. Give it a try.
You are correct. The first clip I posted was shot in 60i. I was talking about the two other clips I posted later in this thread. One of them was shot in 24p.

Thanks for the tip on magic bullet. I am going to check it out.
Jacob Carter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders