Intensity doesn't support HV20 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Closed Thread

Old April 25th, 2007, 04:53 AM   #16
Major Player

As far as I know BlackMagic are in Melbourne, right? So maybe that's why they haven't been able to test the HV20, as they've only just become available here.
Old April 25th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Thomas View Post
As far as I know BlackMagic are in Melbourne, right? So maybe that's why they haven't been able to test the HV20, as they've only just become available here.
Some good news to report. They now have a HV20 for testing and are investigating. As Heinz stated, Convergent got their HD-Connect working with it so it shouldn't be a HDCP issue. It'll probably be a little while but I have faith BM will eventually be able to update their drivers for the card to make it work. *X-fingers*
Old April 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Hi guys,

Yes, we're gotten hold of the camera and are looking into it. Some of our guys are still over in the US and will be back really soon and it's something we're jumping onto. In fact, we were trying to buy this camera in Vegas before we left but that did not work out so things got delayed by a bit.
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks for the very positive response from Blackmagic (Kristan Lam), I for one am waiting for a positive answer about the Intensity card before purchasing the HV20.

Bob Thompson

Hong Kong
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson View Post
Thanks for the very positive response from Blackmagic (Kristan Lam), I for one am waiting for a positive answer about the Intensity card before purchasing the HV20.

Bob Thompson

Hong Kong
I second that. Once I here you guys support it, I am buying both the HV20 camera and the Intensity card. :-)
Old April 25th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #21
Major Player

Or...

Intensity Option #2

The NEW version, with Component In (as well the existing HDMI).

I have a Decklink HD Extreme, the higher end cousin (w/o HDMI) and I just captured some beautiful Uncompressed HD live to my Mac Pro today.

Component HD video is a very real, very professional method, and totally an option now. If I didn't have my current card, I'd order the new Intensity today.
Old April 26th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj Jackson View Post
I second that. Once I here you guys support it, I am buying both the HV20 camera and the Intensity card. :-)
Ditto :)

If what Robert Ducon says is true, i will buy that one if its not to expensive compared to the HDMI only card. As i havent purchased mine yet. *goes to their website to check it out* :)

PS. Wow its an aussie card! I didnt know that. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! Kristian, thanks for your comments! Very Nice.
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Lam View Post
Hi guys,

Yes, we're gotten hold of the camera and are looking into it. Some of our guys are still over in the US and will be back really soon and it's something we're jumping onto. In fact, we were trying to buy this camera in Vegas before we left but that did not work out so things got delayed by a bit.
Yes. Thank you for that initial information.

I already have the Intensity card and my HV20 was just delivered yesterday evening. I bought it, in large part, specifically to use as an HDMI feeder deck.

If I had seen this thread subject, I wouldn't have ordered the HV20.

I hope you'll use this thread and/or forum for further updates on the situation.
Old April 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #24
Major Player

It sure does exist! Intensity Pro.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

Look: HDMI isn't the only option! Now you can import footage from any other HD source as well as NTSC (for those old Hi8 and VHS tapes you wanted to convert to digital).

Also, if it is true that HDCP is the cause for the problem, then it can only be assumed this is the way that most new cameras will be, and so Component will be the only option then. So.

So this new Intensity Pro is the best deal out there! Best you don't just rely on the HDMI option. Show me another card that does HDMI and Component uncompressed for the same price point of $349 US.
Old April 27th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #25
Major Player

I checked out the new Intensity Pro because it is a great value if it has both HDMI and Component capture. The picture next to the "Intensity Pro" lable looked like it only had HDMI capture capability. Where would the component cables plug?

Also, what is the limit in length of component cables when capturing live before there starts to be a problem? Thanks!
Old April 29th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #26
Major Player

Wouldn't using analog capture add another level of signal degradation?
Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Has anyone seen or heard any updated information on this?
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Sorry guys. No good news as yet. We're still working on it.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Lam View Post
Sorry guys. No good news as yet. We're still working on it.
Thanks, Kristian. Still working on it is better than not.

I didn't know when you might get back, so I posted on the COW too.
Old May 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #30
Convergent Design

We have a Canon HV20 working fine with our HD-Connect MI and nanoConnect boxes, which do HDMI -> HD/SD-SDI. The HV20 produces a beautiful image, even better if you run it in live-capture mode.

Regarding analog vs digital capture, there is quite a dramatic difference in the quality. Check out the video that JVC produced (available from our web site), which sweeps between analog and digital capture (thru the nanoConnect) off the JVC HD50 deck. The differences are very obvious.

Mike Schell
Convergent Design
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders