Flower Timelaps and Bee Macro Footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 26th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Steve, the shutter was set to auto but to capture the high speed of the bee i actually separated my interlace fields makeing it 60FPS. then i cut the speed down to %50. i think this effect worked extremly well with the bee.

I must admit, the camera took about 3 seconds sometimes to focus on the bee when moving to a new flower. it wasn't so bad that i needed to move to manual focus. but thought I should mention it. I may try this again but switch it to standard auto focus. That might work better then Instatn auto focus since the camera is physically so close to the subeject that the iAF sensor might be point at the wrong thing. cause from what i understand, standard AF comes from the lens.
Jason Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Good info there Jason, and I would very much be interested in seeing a manual focus on the same type of subject. The HV20 is just a show stopper at close shots, and when it was in focus the bee looked really sharp.

Thanks again!
Steve Royer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders