HV20: Hot Shoe Cover Problem Fixed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 19th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HV20: Hot Shoe Cover Problem Fixed

Hi,

Noticed a few people comment the show cover is a bit flimsy and could be easily lost so I went to work with a bit of velcro tape and sorted it out:

Put the fluffy side on the camera, backed up to the edge of the recess so you can still slide attachments in without hindering movement, and only cut a small rectangle so everything still clips and fits together.

Rikki
Rikki Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #2
Wrangler

mm yeah, but you still have to figure out where to stash it when you are using an accessory on the shoe...
Old May 20th, 2007, 12:50 AM   #3
Inner Circle

yeah, the issue is what do you do with the cover if you pop it off for an accessory? I used to use velcro dots to secure lens caps, but you need a spot to attach the part you take off... I just tossed mine into the case as I mounted a light... but it does seem unfinished...

Actually solved the rattling battery (I really didn't like how the battery made very noticeable mechanical noise if you moved the camera around) by putting the fabric side of the velcro dot set on the top of the battery - now no clunking... velcro is cool stuff!

DB>)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders