Shoulder strap? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Shoulder strap?

Hi guys,

I was just about to mount the shoulder strap for the cam...when I realized that it is either the grip belt OR the shoulder strap?!

I think the hand grip is 100% fine, BUT sometimes I need to get my hands free in a hurry - YES, I have 2 children :-)

So I thought that I should ask you, do you use shoulder straps and handgrip(it is possible) or are you a 100% hand-gripped filmer?

//Lazze
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Contributor

aren't the rings on the back side of the hand grip for mounting a shoulder/alt strap to? and did your hv20 come with a shoulder strap?
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Either the manual or the Canon website show a shoulder strap accessory for the HV20.
Peter J Alessandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #4
Major Player

It's true, the manual doesn't show it or mention it, but I did get a standard black shoulder strap in my box. Without canon logo on it(the strap that is)...so MAYBE my swedish dealer put in there ....

I could mount it on the hand grip using the rings and some imagination :-)

// Lazze
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #5
New Boot

Same here.
I also got a shoulder strap and still puzzleing the best way to mount it....
Karel Gillissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #6
Regular Crew

No shoulder strap with mine.

With their still cameras, Canon seems to go to great lengths to emblazon "Canon" and the camera's family name (PowerShot, EOS, etc.) all over the length of the included straps. I suspect it's something your dealer threw in.
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #7
Major Player

The HV20s shipped in the U.S. do not include a shoulder strap. A strap can be added to the camera's metal rings without removing the existing hand strap.

I bought a Canon shoulder strap and attached it to my HV20, since I was concerned that the slippery HV20 might drop and get damaged. I did not like the way the shoulder strap and camera felt when walking around.

I subsequently purchased a "Gotcha" wrist strap since it was recommended on one of the forums, and like it very much. It provides complete protection from dropping the camera and is only worn when the camera is being used.

http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=15

I paid around $10 for it.

Larry
Larry Horwitz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders