can anyone confirm Intensity /Intensity Pro works with canon Hv20 in Asia at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 25th, 2007, 11:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

can anyone confirm Intensity /Intensity Pro works with canon Hv20 in Asia

Hi i m about to buy Intensity or the pro version.
here is my question
1/ is it updated in firware to work with HV20 now in Asia?
2/ is pro version can capture in HD format? thru their analog in? it;s for other cameras without HDMI

BTW anyone interest to rip a russian 16mm body to fit in HV20 and sling out HDMI cable to link a PC running on battery/inverter?

thanks
JY
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

the intensity and hv20 dont get along at the moment. the black magic people are trying to fix it, when that will be, i have no idea.

i imagine that any firmware fix will apply universally around the world.

terence
Terence Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 08:36 AM   #3
Major Player

I am almost certain that there are people on this site who successfully captured 1080i out of their HDMI with the intensity. There is also video that shows it. I think the original problem had to do with the type of cable that was being used.

Terence...isn't that what Dereck Green aceived here???.....http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.ph...highlight=hv20
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. Thompson View Post
I am almost certain that there are people on this site who successfully captured 1080i out of their HDMI with the intensity. There is also video that shows it. I think the original problem had to do with the type of cable that was being used.
It is true that there has been intermittent operation between various people's HV20s and Intensity cards. It is not the case the the type of cable is the solution. Circumstances falsely made it appear that was the case.

As Terence said, Blackmagic is working on it.

http://dvinfo.net/conf/showpost.php?...0&postcount=27
Roy Colquitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #5
Regular Crew

"I am almost certain that there are people on this site who successfully captured 1080i out of their HDMI with the intensity. There is also video that shows it"

yes, i posted a video of it working. my friends setup seems to work alot of the time, mine is about 10% working.

basically, its flakey. the black magic people seem to this they can fix it on their end with a firmware update, so lets hope :)

terence.
Terence Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 04:02 AM   #6
Regular Crew

wait N see till BM solve the HV20/intensity problem

many thanks
i rather wait until it;s solved
who is the guy posted some grab of HV20 on different codec
can u tell use where u get the HDMI cable?
seems this is only thing matters
or any firmware update??

JY
John Yamamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders