HV20 + Bullet Cam = Strange Recordings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HV20 + Bullet Cam = Strange Recordings

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has used the AV in on their HV20s and what the results were like. I bought a bullet cam and wired it up but if its daylight the thing goes crazy and I end up with pretty much unusable footage (see link below).

I got a replacement cam which does the same thing so I tried using different wires and even using alkaline AA batteries to give a genuine 12.8v to the camera instead of the 10.8v I was getting with NiHM cells.

Lastly I connected the bullet cam up to my TV and it did not show these problems at all (I had it connected in the house to the HV20 to do a like for like comparison and the HV20 does the same weirdness as it does outside as seen in the video).

When I look at the captured video in VirtualDub and step through I can see its as if its blowing out one of the fields every capture.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas on this or is it perhaps a fault with the HV20 or an incompatibility?

Here is the link (raw MiniDV AVI) to the video clip showing the problem:

http://www.xsmotorsport.co.uk/badcam.avi

Thanks for your help guys,

Rikki
Rikki Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Don't understand what you're doing

Rikky

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing. Are you trying to connect up a webcam through the AV input of the HV20 and capture the webcam to tape. I know this isn't logical but I'm not sure I understand what you're doing.

jkh
John Hotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm using a bullet cam which is attached to the roof of my car (will be moved elsewhere once I get it working / if I do LOL)

Thanks,

Rikki
Rikki Bruce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders