Problems caputureing HDV from my HV10. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 4th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #1
Tourist

Problems caputureing HDV from my HV10.

I'm having problems when trying caputureing HDV from my HV10.

I'm running Vista Buisness and Premiere Pro CS3 and connecting camera and pc with firewire.

If I turn the HV10 to DV LOCKED, both "Windows movie maker" and Premiere can without problems capture DV.

If I turn the HV10 to HDV/DV - "windows movie maker", says there's no camera connected and Premiere says I need to reset my camera.
Premiere won't capture HDV either - Premiere can't connect to the camera - but after going to the settings- all
the buttoms: play, forward, backwards ez. will work fine, and Premiere status says the camera is connected.
The record and other capture-buttoms wont't work at all. If I press the play, forward, backward, pause and so on the HV10 reacts fine but no "video" is displayed in the capture Screen, so no HDV capturing possible.

What have I done wrong ??

My Premiere settings for HDV mode is:
HDV1080i(30) "europe"
Canon
Standard (the model HV10 is not present)
Nicki Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM   #2
New Boot

Nicki, I'm having the same problem but with an HV20. Unfortunately you won't be able to capture footage from your camera with Premiere.

I started a topic a few days ago in which I was informed to use Sony Vegas 7.0 or HDVSplit for capture. These programs work without any problems at all although I would advise you use HDVSplit as it's free, starts up quickly and is easy to use. It captures m2t files which can then be imported into Premiere.

You might also want to try out Sony Vegas as an alternative program for NLE. Although I've been editing in Premiere for many years now, I find Vegas to be a much more powerful program. It's also nice to be able to capture and edit with one program rather than have to run two apps at the same time.
Alex Zoltowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm using Premiere Pro 2.0 on a Windows XP Home system and have no problems capturing from the HV20. The only issue I noticed is that when I capture long clips (say, longer than 5 minutes) the audio is running out of sync, so I've been using HDVSplit to capture my footage.

Nicki, you're saying that your settings are HDV1080i(30) "europe". I assume that you have a PAL HV10, so your setting is not correct. The "30" is definetely not "europe", as it refers to the NTSC system's 60i (=30 frames). For PAL systems, it must be set to HDV1080i 25 (25 frames=50i). That might be the solution for your problem (unless it's a Windows Vista issue).
Enea Lanzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:45 AM   #4
Tourist

Thank you very very much....I can now easily capture HDV with HDVSpilt which is an amazing little program - it worked with my HV10 and Vista Buisness, at once.

I've also tried to change my Premiere setting to 1080i 25 frames - but it still won't work with HV10 and Vista - so I guess it is a Windows Vista issue).

/Nicki
Nicki Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #5
Major Player

It's just premiere and movie maker aren't meant for HDV

HDV Split or Vegas :)
Joe Busch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders