Failing Hard Drivers Causing shutdowns? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old April 20th, 2018, 03:44 AM   #1
Major Player

Failing Hard Drivers Causing shutdowns?

I have a couple VIxia camcorders that I have had for many years. (I think one of them is 9 years old and one of them is 7). I still like to use them because I can use magic arms to stick them around as fixed cameras.

Both of them have experienced random shut-downs recently. In both cases they were running on AC power, not batteries. (Though the older camera will shut itself off randomly even running on batteries). I have always recorded to the internal drive and then transferred for export, but recently I recorded directly on to SD cards just to see if that made a difference. I was pleasantly surprised that both cams remained recording for the entire 2.5 hours with no problems.

I don't know if this is conclusive evidence, but have people heard of glitchy internal hard drives causing the cams to just shut off before?
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders