XF300 Price drop? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old September 17th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Major Player

XF300 Price drop?

I'm about to order an XF300 here in New Zealand, and when asking the camera store I do most of my business with how close they could get to the parallel importers, they shocked the hell out of me by dropping their price NZ$800 undercutting the parallel importer by NZ$250. They also tell me that after checking Canon NZ for stock and pricing, they will be substantially dropping the price on their website. I have spent a LOT of money with this store in recent years.

Of course I am pleased to be saving dollars while staying with a company I trust, but the XF300/305 have been around a while now, so I am suddenly wondering is this down a strong Kiwi dollar, or are new model announcements coming soon? I appreciate this situation can cause the onset of madness, but it is a bunch of dollars. As is the way of things, I have been following the relevant sites for a good while looking for rumours, and not seen a single one.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: XF300 Price drop?

My only guess at this point is that the C100 is going to devalue the xf300, IMHO. I bet that they have to bring the xf300/305 down in price as you are seeing to allow the C100 to sit where it is in the price hierarchy. But that's only a guess.
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Major Player

The C100 is going to be about the same price as the XF300 AFAICT, and if the exchange rates work out, but nice as the C100 is, it was not what I wanted. I've ordered the XF300 now anyway.
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:15 PM   #4
Major Player

You won't go wrong. I love my xf300. The notion of choosing between the XF300 and the CS300 is not a pretty choice. Both are great, but different tools. The xf300 is my favorite camera, hands down. MXF footage from it and the 100 is just superb. HDMI out just blows my mind. Totally broadcast ready. Just tonight I put up a shoot I did today on my 105, HDMI out to my large screen Sony Monitor (42")/ Just astonishingly superb. Really far better than I thought it would be.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:16 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the heads up Al. It turned up just two days after ordering it, having gone from Canon NZ in Auckland to the shop I ordered it from in Christchurch, and then back up to me in Marlborough (where the wine comes from). Pretty good service I thought. I'm thinking it has been in their warehouse for a while, as it has the 1.0.2.0 firmware.

I found a supplier of the Vortex Media training DVDs in NZ, and that arrived today, and was definitely money well spent. Unfortunately I had a stills job come in today, and I haven't shot a single clip so far, but I'll be putting that to rights tomorrow.
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi,

it is due to the Sony PMW 200 !!!!!!!!
Rajiv Attingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Dennis View Post
I found a supplier of the Vortex Media training DVDs in NZ, and that arrived today, and was definitely money well spent. Unfortunately I had a stills job come in today, and I haven't shot a single clip so far, but I'll be putting that to rights tomorrow.
Yes, the vortex trng is good, but i found that his custom files didn't work for pacific northwest light. I'd spend time tuning them for Kiwi land.

Also the Sandisk extremes are the only cards i buy, after experiencing card failures with other brands. I'm sure som others must be reliable but I stopped at the Sandisk line.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders