Downconvert and then Uprez at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM   #1
New Boot

Downconvert and then Uprez

Hey,

I know a lot of people are talking about downconverting but how would I shoot in HDV, downconvert to SD, edit in SD widescreen project, and then uprez back to HDV? People are saying they can uprez at a later date. How would I do that? The reason I ask is because I will be using an sd camera to shoot back camera during a ceremony and cant edit that in a HDV timelime. Everything else will be shot in HD and at some point would like to offer the other parts of the video in HDV. Do you also think the best option is shoot in HDV and downconvert in SD widescreen timeline?

Thanks so much...

Last edited by Ari Perilstein; August 2nd, 2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: added question...
Ari Perilstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM   #2
Major Player

You are probably misinterpreting what folks mean. The ideal method would involve shooting HD, initially digitizing SD, building your edit and then re-digitizing at some point into HD, ideally simply requiring re-rendering for a finished HD version of the same sequence you assembled in SD.

If you're mixing SD original footage into the mix, you would have to up-rez that material before you could output an HD picture.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders