Canon Console 1.1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 5th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon Console 1.1?

Hey all, im somewhat confused after reading the description on Canon website about console 1.1 software. Being an Adobe CS3 Production Suite user, is there any benefit to using console 1.1?

From what I understand Console 1.1 is used for capturing an storage? Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...
Alessandro Garabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:46 AM   #2
New Boot

I think it's also for adjusting color??
Brian Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:37 AM   #3
Trustee

from the canon website:

Canon's CONSOLE software lets you control key functions of your XL H1 remotely through your PC

CONSOLE software lets you control gamma, master pedestal, color phase, custom presets and AE metering. The interface even includes a wave form and vector display for measuring and adjusting video and phase parameters. The software also allows you to control your XL H1's zoom, focus, white balance, shooting mode and frame rate, as well as its iris and shutter speed. Even the still image capture function of the XL H1 can be operated remotely through CONSOLE. Each control function is displayed in a separate on-screen window, allowing you to customize the size and position of the displays to best meet your needs.

all this applies to the A1 as well

Useful Displays

The program permits a PC monitor to a show split screen view of the record and playback control panels and viewing windows. Operators may use the playback viewer to view video recorded to the hard drive while, at the same time, adjust camera settings for the next shot using the recording panel. Even more, CONSOLE includes a Wave Form and Vector display for measuring and adjusting video and phase parameters. These features can add convenience on film locations or in TV studios when time or crew is restricted

as well as capture you can use the various monitors, make up custom presets and control the camera remotely - I don't think there's any other software out there that does as much for the canon.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Apparently Console doesn't work on Vista. Any word on a version 1.2 or something that does? Also, from what I hear the current version 1.1 is somewhat buggy, so an update seems to be in order.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 01:13 PM   #5
Major Player

its also not mac =(
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren Simons View Post
its also not mac =(
I use it on the macbook with bootcamp (so it's running under windows)
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #7
Major Player

Does anyone know whether Canon has any plans for mac version?
I'm not a big fan of boot camp.

J
Jonathan Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #8
Major Player

yeah neither am i =( and i used it on my macbook pro bootcamp and it was about 3 seconds delayed! i use capture magic hd, it still delays a lil, but i like all the other specs =) but no zoom control or any like canon features =(

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders