Chris--a parts question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 8th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Contributor

Chris--a parts question

When I purchased my XH A1 I also got the tripod adapter plate so I could use the camera on a standard 3/8" screw tripod, which I needed to do for heavy teleprompter use. However, at this time I foresee no teleprompter useage for quite some time. I would like to go back to the standard 1/4" threaded plate...because now I need a matte box, and with a rods-mounted matte box and the quick release plate on top of the rods' plate, that becomes problematic.

Here's the problem...when I removed the original 1/4" threads plate from the camera to replace it with the one that goes with the big quick release plate, I apparently put the damn original small part in a very safe place. So safe I can no longer find it. I never lose stuff like that, so this is baffling, but I've run out of places to look.

So, my questions is...where do I go to order a new one? I did join the Canon owner's club when I got the camera but I can't even find any way to get there either. So much for my record keeping. A link or phone number or something would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #2
Wrangler

Not to answer for Chris, but having had the need to order parts for the 16x manual lens as well as a used XL-2, the number I used was 1-800-OK-CANON.

They were able to get me what I needed.

Hope this helps,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #3
Wrangler

A starting point is the Canon toll-free number on the back cover of the manual.
Old April 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Contributor

Heheheh...yeah, RTFM. I shoulda looked there first.

I called the parts place this morning and ordered it. Which means, no doubt, I'll find the missing piece when I get home tonight.

I've got to say it was a pleasure ordering a part from Canon. No putting me on hold, no transferring to other departments, no bad connection and difficult to understand Indian accent. Polite, friendly, quick and accurate. Good customer service--what a concept.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #5
Major Player

Hey Bill,

You have trouble understanding the Indian accent? :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders