Introduce myelf at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 9th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Introduce myelf

I have been lurking here for a while, waiting to post bale so I could post here.
Just picked up my new XHA1 today. What a beast. I am going to hold it and know it over the next few days. Thanks for the pre's they are nice and great to see they sit on the card and add to the decks already loaded ones.
I've been shooting with a DVX for some time now, working for Vancouver Island Health Authority as a MultiMedia Tech / shooter/ editor/ medical photographer/ graphics etc etc. It's a great job. Just finished a doc about Aboriginal Headstart, on the heels of a project for another health authority about car crashes instead of accidents. "It's in your hands"
I start shooting in a few weeks; it will take that long to find all the Canon must hold.
I don't have any troubles with SD and FCP (new version) running Tiger, but offloading HDV is posing a bit of a problem. My clips are showing up as in the bin then they discapear and go offline for no apparent reason after a few moments??
I will dig a bit more before appealing to the masses.
Thank you all for what I've read here. It has gone a long way towards my new purchase over an HVX. I like this camera's look. It's really clean, and the SD footage I've captured so far, far exceeds my old DVX for detail.
What a reach too; nice lens.
Thanks again.

Last edited by Wayne Dupuis; May 9th, 2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: speling
Wayne Dupuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Your are welcome, enjoy your camera.
Kiflom Bahta is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders