Export to Tape --> DigiBeta | AspectHD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Export to Tape --> DigiBeta | AspectHD

When I'm done editing my project and I export it as 1080p WMV files (within Premiere), am I then able to send these high-quality QuickTime files to a company to export them directly to DigiBeta for television broadcast?

I ask this because I've been trying to work within Cineform's AspectHD with Premiere Pro CS3 but nothing seems to work too well... when I would convert my source mpeg files to avi and then use them to edit together my project... when I'd be done I'd export to m2t files to export back to tape but when I export back to tape and then re-import from the tape, I see frame loss and weird sluggishness.

I would love to do away with the whole Cineform process and simply edit like I normally do and wind up with either high-quality mpeg files or high-quality QuickTime files and then have those sent to a company in LA to export to DigiBeta as opposed to sending them Canon HDV tapes. Is this possible?

Clearly, I know little about the exporting to tape process.
Julian Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Contributor

Why not just edit in HDV, export as an H264 QT, full size, put it on a drive and send it to the company? Check with them first, of course.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah that's what I've been coming up with too. Thanks, Bill.

P.S. How does DigiBeta look compared to raw HDV?
Julian Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Contributor

Digibeta is probably the best non-HD format around. But you can't really compare original footage to HDV original unless you hooked up a 1/3" chip HDV camera to a Digibeta deck and recorded to both formats and then looked at the tapes side by side. All Digibeta camcorders were high end 2/3" chip models, so even though it's not HD, it's probably going to look better than any of the 1/3" chip HDV cameras.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders