Safe Settings for Post-production Film Look - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #16
Major Player

Caveat

Anyone reading this thread please note that some say you should get the look right in camera because a lot of information is discarded during compression of the DV or HDV data on miniDV and this information is irrecoverable. I don't know if it's definitely best to get the right look in camera, rather than in post - but it's worth thinking about.

I always shoot still images in RAW format with neutral settings (but with RAW images no information is discarded) and therefore thought that using neutral settings was the best thing to do with DV/HDV - I may be wrong.

Anyone have any ideas what's best?

Last edited by Stuart Graham; May 6th, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Stuart Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders