Mixing XL2 with XHA1 - presets to match best? settings to match cam? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 5th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Mixing XL2 with XHA1 - presets to match best? settings to match cam?

Doing a 2 camera shoot with XL2 and XHA1.

Im curiuos what the settings should be for each camera to match as closly as possible so i dont have to do a lot of color corection. Anyone tried this. how did it go?
I dont have the two cameras with me to test now or i would just do it - but wondering if anyone has any insight on this or has tried. Do we think if we just match settings in the menu then they will match?

If i follow the XHA1 spreed sheet (on this site) for presets for XHA1 and put in the same numbers/settings for XL2 will the cameras match look?

Previously i have treid to shoot an XL2 with a DVX100 and that can be a challenge to make those two match. A lot of post color corection is neccisary. Im hoping with two Canon brand cameras they will be more similar.

Final delivery is 16x9 DVD so im not worried about HD but will shoot in HD anyway w the XHA1 and downconvert for Edit in DV 16x9.
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #2
Tourist

Tyson,

I am interested in this thread. I have an XL2 and my buddy has an XHA1.
We may be able to do a side by side comparison on Tuesday, 09/30/08 at
the earliest. I will be watching for any helpful tips and advice re color matching
settings for these two Canon cameras. I am more familiar with the XL2.
I have not used the XHA1. All info welcome. --LT3
Laurent Torno III is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders