Card Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 1st, 2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Tourist

Card Question

Okay, so I recently picked up an XH-A1 and loving it thus far, but I'm having issues with the SD card. I've looked on here for an answer but couldn't find one.

My problem is that I put the 20 Presets onto the SD card (downloaded from here) and when I put it into the camera it only shows 1 of the presets on the card.

Am I doing something wrong and in turn not allowing me to scroll through all 20 but only showing 1?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kiowa Ackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Trustee

You may have named the presets incorrectly, named the folder the wrong thing or placed the folder in the wrong directory.

If you search the "Presets" sticky on this board, you'll find all of the parameters you need. I'd tell you but I don't remember what they should be off the top of my head. The camera is very particular about these rules. Get one wrong and it will all go pear shaped.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Tourist

Yeah at first the folder was named wrong, so i changed that and it recognized the one, and the first one also actually. so it's recognizing 1 and 20 but nothing in between.
Kiowa Ackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Trustee

That's odd. Are the presets' names conforming to the conventions? Sorry. I don't know what they should be off the top of my head.

Truly... search the preset sticky. You could also look in the manual, but I think the sticky will give you more complete advice.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 04:34 PM   #5
Major Player

They should read as below:

PRESET01.CPF

PRESET02.CPF

PRESET03.CPF

And so on.....
Bill Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders