Capturing in 24f the audio is out of sync - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:07 AM   #16
Contributor

And you've checked that the audio is in sync when played back in the camera. That means it has to be a capture problem of some sort. That iMac is fine for editing HDV; I have a friend with a year old iMac 24" and he shoots nothing but 24F. Are you capturing 1080p24, and then editing in a 23.98 timeline?
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #17
New Boot

i just had the same issue a few days ago. i was freaked out b/c i didnt know if i had just recorded the whole thing wrong when i shot it. when i captured in imovie my audio was off but once i got into fcp 6.02 it was perfect.

if your using fcp make sure your settings are for 24p!!!!!
Josh Glowicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Bill and Josh, I was waiting around for days for Canon to call me back but no luck. I then set the settings to 24p as you guys suggest, and that solved the problem. For some reason I was confused thinking that whatever settings of the clip one imports, FCP automatically will adjust the settings to accommodate the timeline, and I was still spooked by my experience in Imovie.

Thanks for helping, I'm happy to know I can utilize 24f again with no problems.

Michael
Michael Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #19
Contributor

Glad it's solved.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders