External Microphone holder Canon XH A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 16th, 2009, 02:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

External Microphone holder Canon XH A1

Doing a wedding shoot three weeks ago, I either lost or had stolen a small bag, that contained some small items, one such was the external microphone holder that you can take off with two small screws, I did this and put it into the small bag as I needed to take it off at the time.
Now I cannot find the bag anyway and need to use the external microphone holder for shotgun microphone for the next wedding coming up shortly.
Can you purchase these online (I have searched the Internet and nothing comes up) or do I need to call Canon for a replacement, that is, if they do sell them separately from the camera?
Thanks.
Anthony J. Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Contributor

Canon sells any part for the camera. All you have to do is call and order it and give a credit card number. If you're in a hurry you'll have to pay for overnight shipping.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #3
Inner Circle

You might consider a camera shoe shock mount like this instead:

Beyerdynamic | EA86 - Camera Shoe Shock Mount | 407186 | B&H
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Trustee

We had to replace one, it is part #DG3-1754-000, was $45 as I recall it, and it doesn't come with the screws, so if you lost those too, tell Canon you need some...hth...Battle Vaughan Miami Herald.com. video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for your help guys.
Well I have managed to get one.

I first telephoned Canon UK and they passed me from pillow to post at first and then finally gave me a telephone number to contact a third party dealer ( H. Lehmann: London) who has spares and repairs of Canon cameras & Camcorders.

They have sent me one and it's true the tiny screws do not come with it, however I had put the tiny screws in an envolope for safe keeping and still have those.
It cost £25.00 ($36.61) + Vat £28.75 ($42.11)

If any one requires the two small screws the part number is Da3-5272-000.

Last edited by Anthony J. Howe; June 18th, 2009 at 06:47 AM.
Anthony J. Howe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders