2 Buttons I wish the A1 remote had. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:39 PM   #1
Major Player

2 Buttons I wish the A1 remote had.

95% of the spots I shoot have me in them, there are two buttons that I wish the Xh-A1s Remote had. 1 would be the white balance, and 2 would be the Exposure lock.

When I'm the actor in all my spots, it's really hard to set the the exposure lock, I realize that in Manual mode you wouldn't have to, but it's even harder to record in manual mode when I am the subject being shot.

The white balance isn't quite as bad since I can just tape a piece of paper where I'm gonna stand and hit the custom white balance button, but it would be cool if I could just stand in front of the camera and hold the paper and hit a button on the remote.

I've had a few Heineken's tonight and thought I would just bitch a little. HEHE

Danny Winn
http://www.youtube.com/DannyWinnVideo
Danny Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 05:39 AM   #2
Trustee

You might consider adding others in your filmmaking adventures, maybe someone to operate the camera when you are acting?
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W. Jones View Post
You might consider adding others in your filmmaking adventures, maybe someone to operate the camera when you are acting?

Well I do sometimes but because of my odd filming hours I can't have someone there all the time.
Danny Winn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders