Canon XH A1 as a deck - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Canon XH A1 as a deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Cutler View Post
Thank you Pavel for continuing to problem solve this issue oh so long ago. I am struggling with it today but may just switch gears to a different camera. It should not be so hard! I have changed the settings to match up etc. It finally starts to record on my camera then stops and refers to the output connection or something like that. Way too frustrating.
Will seek out a borrowed panasonic camera. But thank you for all you posted. Does anyone have an update that might be useful?
I don't think Panasonic made any HDV cameras so it may be difficult to use a Panasonic camera to print an HDV tape. It appears to me that changes in computer hardware and drivers have lead to very few print-to-tape configurations that actually work. I can confirm Sony Vegas works fine with Canon cameras in a 5-year-old PC with a $12 firewire card and a single core CPU running 32bit Windows Vista.

I think the main reason print to tape doesn't work on many configurations is lack of interest. It is easier to transfer HD video files using internet ftp, a USB drive, a flash card or a data format BD. However, once you have print to tape working, the resulting tapes play in any HDV equipment. In particular, there won't be any missing codec problems such as can happen with Quicktime files. Tapes also make good backups.

If you need HDV print-to-tape services, I could provide this. LOL, that's one of the few things the Vista PC is good for. Just send me a message.
Eric Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Canon XH A1 as a deck

Hi Ilene,

please specify: "the output connection or something like that."

thanks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders