Canon XHa1 Audio Quality always impress me! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 29th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Canon XHa1 Audio Quality always impress me!

Now we have 3 yr shooting with this cameras and we are still very impress with the audio quality of this camera. I'm wondering if there is another $3000 camera producing this level of audio quality.
The following link was a recent video wedding using 3 Canon xha1 and SENg2-100 lav.
and No...
Any type of audio correction was necessary in post.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/xh-serie...anon-xha1.html
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Inner Circle

To be honest, coming from a sony vx2100 and having heard the sound of a sony fx1000 a while ago I can only conclude the onboard sound of my xh-a1 is not that great. But on the other hand it's better then the onboard sound from my dvx100 I still have.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
I'm wondering if there is another $3000 camera producing this level of audio quality.
Considering that when shooting HDV the camera is recording Mpeg compressed audio (per the HDV spec) then yes, there are many cameras in the $3k range (and below) recording better audio.
Old November 29th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

The quality of the cameras audio is only as good as the mic you use. The biggest move there is to use a good external mic. The old adage, sound is 70% of what you see, is true. Cheers.
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks guys!
Is good to hear other opinions! I can just talk about my canon Cameras cause I always been a canon shooter.
Jose
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi,

Well, I can't say I am impressed with the on-board mic on my XH A1. The external mike is good (AKG Blue line) in my case, but that I assume would be the case for many other cameras too. In fact I avoid using the built in mike as much as possible.

Regards,
Pavel

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders