How do I use the reset button? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 30th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #1
Major Player

How do I use the reset button?

I'm tring to use the reset feature on the xha1. When I press the button under the lcd screen, nothing seems to happen. Will the camera tell me that it is indeed reset or do I not receive any additional messages after pressing the button?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Anyone know the answer to this?
Old December 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Kevin............

The button should reset the camera to it's factory defaults, tho' you may have to remove the main battery before it will function.

If you go to page 124 in the manual, it lists all the camera's Menu settings and highlights those factory defaults that will be found after a hard reset.

The most obvious is D/Time Set reverting to 1 Jan.2006 12:00AM

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Major Player

Chris:

When I push the reset button, does the camera need to be in any particular mode or does it simply need to be on any of the power dial settings? Unfourtuneatly, I seemed to have misplaced my manual.
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:10 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Blowed if I know...........

to be honest, all I've ever seen is to disconnect the main power source (battery) and hold the reset button down for 10 + seconds.

I guess the easiest way to see if it's worked is to power it up and see if it wants the date set (assuming you had the date set in the first place, obviously).

As the power source is disconnected it can't need to be powered up to reset, as it can't be powered yada yada yada............

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:42 AM   #6
Inner Circle

You can download the manual here ...Cheers.

Professional Camcorders - High Definition Camcorders and Lenses - Standard Definition Camcorders - Software - High Definition Camcorder - XH A1 - Canon USA Consumer Products

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders