Xha1s club settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM   #1
New Boot

Xha1s club settings

hey guys

i might be shooting a promo at a club/dance party with strobes, dark ect... i plan on mounting an LED light on the camera so that should provide light... although i dont want a washed out look, saturated colors.. what are the camera settings, custom presents, shutter and F stop that would be appropriate for this venue?

Thanks so much

Ryan
Ryan Wiklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

for that type of setting I would have to say the PFVISION preset. However, even though this preset has great results in low light, you will have a bit of grain. In order to beat this, you can get the best plugin ever created called Neat Video. This is practically the best grain removal tool I have ever seen. Its saved me big time on several projects. I use it in After Effects, but they have other versions for dif editors.

Just make sure your iris is wide open in this low light situation to get the best image possible.
Kevin Pineda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I use the truecolor preset as it brings out more detail in the darker areas. PFVISION seems to darken those areas more and adds a reddish tint which is difficult to correct in post. Truecolor shoots flat.
Sylus Harrington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders