console 1.1 and win7 x64 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 24th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

console 1.1 and win7 x64

Hi all,

Does any one able to run the Console sw under win7 x64 ?
the OS sees the XL-H1 and recognize it - i can grab footage with HDVSplit with no problem but the Console keeps not seeing the camera... any idea any one ?

Thanks !!
Yalon Benhabib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Tourist

Canon Console

Yalon I had similar questions and contacted Canon directly. The following is what I got back:

We appreciate your continued correspondence regarding your XH A1S.

The software is not compatible to the camcorder nor Windows 7. The Canon website does not list the CONSOLE Image Control & Storage Software as an option for the XH A1S. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your XH A1S.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Robert
Technical Support Representative

Aparantly they do not have plans to upgrade the software either.
Chris Huneycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that.

I have an XL-H1 which the Console support - when i had XP installed it worked just fine.
I since upgraded to win7 but didnt try the Console untill a week ago when i found that it would not recognize the camera... even though it is recognized and functional by the operating system itself ( i even control it and grab footage with HDVSplit with no problems).

it seems to me they just stopped maintaining the Console software - i cant see the reason why but it just look like it....
Yalon Benhabib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #4
Inner Circle

It's costs. Canon are now concentrating on their XF series, they'll still service the XHA1 + A1S and keep spares but no updates. They never offered anyway.
Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders