Monitor and Canon Console at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 30th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #1
Tourist

Monitor and Canon Console

I have recently purchased XH-A1s and love it. I am a novice so it is a bit overwhelming but pure enjoyment to finally have decent equipment. The issue is I would like to be able to preview on my laptop (Lenovo W700 w/ Huey Pro) in the field and am discovering it is not that simple. I had planned on using canon console so I could also control and setup presets but have now learned that Console is not supported for the A1s and/or win 7 64 bit. Is there any other similar software I should take a look at? I am leaning toward Sony Vegas Pro for basic capture and edit at this time but still will not have the control for the preset option. Also are there any full screen options for preview on any other software packages? Pardon the low start on the learning curve.
Chris Huneycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

We all started there there's no other way :) We've been shooting docos for 2yrs with the A1 and now have an A1s.

I suggest at this stage forget everything else and load 4 presets into your A1s .. just shoot as much as you can in HDV. Learn how to use the EVF and LCD so you'll be able to work fast in the field. When you get Vegas with a good monitor you'll have stuff to evaluate.

They'll all be test shots so actually speak/say the date and all your settings into the cam mic for reference. If you haven't yet get a good tripod before anything else .. don't skimp there it'll last you a lifetime.
Cheers.

Last edited by Allan Black; June 30th, 2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: typo
Allan Black is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders