Custom Keys at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 10th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Custom Keys

Hey!

Just wondering what custom key configuration you guys find most useful. I know it all depends on what kind of shooting you do and all that, but it would still be interesting to get a few ideas.

Right now I'm using one of them for the zebras (maybe it would be best to just always leave it on?) and the other one I'm not really using much. I think I have it set to (I forget what it's called lol) the thing that stops you from wearing out the heads/tape when you're not shooting for a few minutes.
Old August 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Major Player

Zebras is a must and my second custom key is TV screen, if I am using external monitor I like to have all the information off screen and still have it on the camera LCD screen.
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Very good question Dave, I'll be interested in others too, here's my current set up.

Camera Custom keys. A1: 1/ VCR stop. 2/ Custom Preset backward key.

A1s: 1/ Image Stabilizer. 2/ Custom Preset backward key.

For sports and airshows I change the A1 CK 2 to Power Save and turn it off.
For the A1s, I turn Power Save off in the menu. All other CKs default.

For both the A1 and A1s I leave the zebras always on, set at 100%. On manual, to get outdoor exposure, focus on some clouds and adjust it till I just see some detail. HTH.

Cheers.

Last edited by Allan Black; August 11th, 2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: made clearer.
Allan Black is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders