Size Comparison Pics: XH with V1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:45 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Size Comparison Pics: XH with V1

Sorry about the weird color cast in some of these pics... I was in a hurry... it was the flash on my little Elph digicam... the dog ate my homework etc. Also in the bottom pic, where the LCD panels are open, the V1 is showing a really blue image. That's because somebody had been shooting outside with it just before these pics were taken, and the WB was still set to daylight. I had all of a minute to grab these shots, so I didn't bother with any of the settings on either camera. Click images to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails
Size Comparison Pics: XH with V1-compv1a.jpg   Size Comparison Pics: XH with V1-compv1b.jpg  

Size Comparison Pics: XH with V1-compv1c.jpg   Size Comparison Pics: XH with V1-compv1d.jpg  

Size Comparison Pics: XH with V1-compv1e.jpg  

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 09:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Almost the same size. Thanks for the pics Chris. I think the A1 is going to be an amazing camera. Something that will truly democratise the video world.
Yasser Kassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM   #3
Major Player

The V1U looks a little smaller to me. The 1 lb weight savings would definitely help in handheld shooting.

That histogram on the V1U is pretty slick. Boyd first mentioned that here ( http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ight=histogram ) but I overlooked it. He also mentioned the V1U can display peaking and zebras at the same time which unfortunately the A1/G1 can not :(
Tim Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:33 AM   #4
Major Player

I'm most likely getting the a1 but damn, what's up with canon and small lcds? It's kinda embarassing compared to the v1.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. King
I'm most likely getting the a1 but damn, what's up with canon and small lcds? It's kinda embarassing compared to the v1.
How often do folks use the flip-out LCDs on your current cameras? I seldom use the one on my XM1 while shooting, unless I've got the tripod too high to use the viewfinder, but I do use it sometimes for play-back away from home. I find that the tiny built-in speaker if more of a turn-off than the size of the LCD in such circumstances. BTW a friend has a nice 3-chip silver Panasonic mini-DV camera with very large and clear LCD. It covers the whole of the left-hand side of the camera when folded.
Old October 4th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #6
Contributor

I don't have a problem with the size of the LCD screen. I've only very rarely used them anyway on any camera.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders