Canon website still behind at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 8th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #1
Contributor

Canon website still behind

http://usa.canon.com/app/html/HDV/index.shtml

Click on the A1 or G1. They've still not got it up.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Trustee

Registering one for the "Owner's Club" is not working either!
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

They are working on new HDV section. Hopefully, it will help to present their professional offer separately from consumer products. Imho, they really need professional section, both for HD and SD.

They should be grateful to people like Chris Hurd, Kaku and Mikko for doing so much to inform potential customers about new products. It's kind of weird the world knows more about those cams from individual reports than the website. However, it's better to let the products advertise themselves than spread the myths and hype.

Did they or any other manufacturer say thank you? Just curious.
Bogdan Tyburczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #4
Contributor

Putting up the specs and brochure would be better than what's there now, and that wouldn't take but a little time for a web guy.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Regular Crew

At least Canon Europe (http://www.canon-europe.com) posted some decent info ahead of time.

I agree. Their US web staff need to speed things up.
Bogdan Tyburczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #6
Trustee

I too think companies like Canon, Panasonic, JVC, Sony etc... should seek out websites and forums which are professionally run that distribute information on their products and send the moderators Canon products (or other co.s products) for "hands-on" use and further information posting- it's only to their advantage and benefits the entire online communities that use these products.
Without question Chris Hurd deserves promotional items- no question about it. You simply can't buy this type of resource.

I bought a GL2, XL1s, DVX100a, Sony FX-1 and now Xh-A1 as a direct result of information posted on these forums. This forum is the single biggest factor in decisive purchase considerations regarding my videography hobby.

Canon's website might be slow to have info on these new 3CCD HDV cams but these forums are always on point and usually slightly ahead of what's generally known.
Thumbs up to Chris and all the guys behind the scenes at DVinfonet.....we appreciate it all!
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Panasonic has their product sales manager, Jan involve in the forum over at dvxuser.com
Jason Strongfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #8
Major Player

As I recall, Jan shows up over here from time to time as well.
Kevin James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 02:16 PM   #9
Obstreperous Rex

Jan has been a contributing member of DV Info Net since more than a year before DVX User first came online (Sep. 2002 vs. Oct. 2003).

The kind words are appreciated, but I'm not in this for any promotional items or other gear... all I'm interested in is helping to shape a corner of the web that's actually useful and productive; where like-minded people can trade information and ideas in a friendly and congenial atmosphere without the usual dreck commonly associated with typical internet message boards.

It could have been riding mowers or embroidery instead of digital video but the real-names, garbage-free, just-cut-to-the-chase-because I-don't-have-time-for-any-nonsense policies would have been exactly the same. Such an environment clearly fosters the proliferation of accurate technical information. It's too bad if corporate web sites in this industry can't keep up. Maybe they're spending too much time reading DV Info Net. If that's the case, I guess it's forgiveable.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #10
Major Player

hello chris,

like your attitude...thanks

i also bought my canon xl1-s because of the info and support i got here on your board. well, not just the canon, everything else.....

now several years later, i plan to upgrade, and again, i am getting my info here on your board, and not at the canon web site

greetings
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #11
New Boot

This site is an invaluable resource to all who use it.
And Chris, we know you're not in it for any promo items... but Steve's right - you being the cornerstone of this awesome forum need new items out on the market, or about to be introduced to market. Maybe some of the mnfctrs. have policies about that (doubt it), but they sell a lot of products because of the sharing that happens on a site like this. And if they can't get their acts together to create a simple brochure, or whip up a couple of html pages on their site - all the more reason we'll be relying on DVinfo.

I'm about to get my A1 tomorrow, and when I went to a local DVinfo Sponsor, Tapeworks Texas (awesome place/people) - I was amazed when they told me there were no Canon brochures on the A1/G1. I run an ad agency, and it's unheard of that a major product be released before promo material. Should be the other way around.
Dave Hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 04:03 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Canon's website is up and running.
http://usa.canon.com/app/html/HDV/XHA1/index.shtml
Sergio Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:46 AM   #13
Wrangler

Very nice. Looks like they updated all the HDV cams. I especially like all the information under the Complete Image Customization section. Interesting that in the upper corner there's a link to the "Canon consumer site".
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #14
Trustee

That helps but the descriptions for some of the customization settings are vague.

For example, R-G Matrix adjusts the red/green tint without affecting the blue channel. Great! Now what about G-R Matrix? (same definition) Why two parameters for the same supposed adjustment?
Tom Roper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders