A1 Eyecup - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 10th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #76
Contributor

I have the Sony eyecup and it's fine. It fits right over the Canon eyecup perfectly. A few years ago I got an iCuff for a TRV900, and I wasn't all that thrilled with it. I'd assume the newer ones would fit better.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 05:56 PM   #77
New Boot

I pulled one off an old JVC viewfinder I had laying around and with a bit of stretching got it on. Much improved. Cost zip! :)
Rob Hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #78
Regular Crew

Hi All,

For those of you living in Australia, particularly in Melbourne, you can purchase the Sony Eye cup (Large) 2-179-414-01, from "Speedy Spares" for $40 Aus including delivery..I ordered mine on wednesday got it on friday..fits spot on.

http://speedyspares.com/
Ivan Barbarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #79
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric R. Johnson View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the i-cuff? Which of their 3 models would fit the XH-A1 best? How would it compare to the Sony unit?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Burleson View Post
here is another option
i-cuff Purchase

Duane
Just want to leave a breadcrumb in this thread for those who come later because they know to use search. I bought the **i-Cuff** and gave it a good try shooting run and gun for 3-weeks straight. I don't recommend it. Basically, you can't adjust it to the exact position it must be in without the A1 eye piece blocking your view. I loved the i-cuff on the XL1s but not the A1. Waste of time and money.

Last edited by Les Wilson; July 16th, 2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Meant to say I "bought the i-Cuff" not "bought the eyecup". See ** for correction.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #80
Major Player

Sorry. Have to disagree. I think the Sony eyecup works great on the A1.
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #81
Inner Circle

Bill... my bad ... Meant to say I "bought the i-Cuff" not "bought the eyecup". See ** in my post for correction. I WISH I'd bought the eyecup back then and was pleased to find this thread...if I keep the unit, I know what to get.... the long tail at work.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders