Custom Presets Download Library Feedback - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 4th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #46
Obstreperous Rex

Just a note, the first 13 posts above mine here were moved from our Library Download thread to this Library Feedback thread.

The spreadsheet isn't required for anything, it's just an aid for your own reference to show what's going on in each of the preset files. The camera can't use the spreadsheet. What matters to the camera are the actual .CPF files themselves... the speadsheet stays on your computer. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Pah! LOL, I feel really stupid now. Managed to get them on to my card no problem. Thanks....now all I need to do is transfer them to the Camera.....
so....here goes;
Will Aldersley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #48
Regular Crew

They load and work perfectly, thanks.
Raymond Toussaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 05:17 AM   #49
Regular Crew

I'm full of (Man) Flu so things seem harder than they are....I got frustrated......I'm not sure where to save them...It keeps saying "do you want to overwrite Preset_a OR _j"? How do I save them on an unused space. I'll try again later. Managed to go through them off the card which will do for now. I'll be okay leaving the card in, right?

Thanx again for your patients
Will Aldersley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Have tried this several times, all to no avail, so if someone has the patience to help, it would be most appreciated.
Created a folder named PRESET on the SD card, transferred all the cpf files into the folder, verified that they are there, put the card in the camera, went thru the steps on page 81 of the manual and each time the icon on the left side of the screen to allow me to transfer from the card to the camera does not light up.
Any ideas??
Larry Kamerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #51
New Boot

Larry - Make sure you have the camera in one of the recording modes i.e. A, Tv, Av, or M when you try do go through the steps on pages 81 & 82.

There is a "Custom Function" item in the VCR menu but this is not what you want!
Dick Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #52
New Boot

Larry - Here's another thought - Verify that the camera is "seeing" your SD card. Put the camera in card mode (small switch on right side of camera), then turn camera "on" (Record or VCR - makes no difference). If you get the red "no card" symbol on the screen , try removing your SD card and re-inserting it.
Dick Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #53
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
These sample pics are just a quick and dirty set that I made up just to put something up here quickly... the subject is a test photo from DSC Labs. What I really should do is to prepare some live-image samples from outdoor shots, because most of these presets are tailored for outdoor use. For now however, these test images will give you a frame of reference. And they're named after their respective Custom Preset names.
G'day Chris, this is an awesome forum with really helpful hints - even for 70 year old amateurs like me - congratulations!!
The XH A1 arrived in Australia in early December but I'm still getting my head around the remarkable number of alternative options. I revisited the "Custom Presets" sticky but couldn't find your live-image samples from outdoor shots. Please point me in the right direction mate.
Kind regards,
Don
Don Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #54
Regular Crew

Dick, thanks for the suggestions. I tried doing it in all the modes (no luck), and, when I put the camera in card mode, the icon indicating it sees the card appeared on the screen.
Any other thoughts?
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #55
Obstreperous Rex

Try this:

1. Format the SD card from within the camcorder (see page 124 of the manual).

2. Copy one of the three Custom Presets that are included in the camera over to the card. The three included preset files are listed at the bottom of page 82 of the manual. Pick one and copy it to the SD card, as described on page 81. This procedure insures that the camcorder creates the PRESET folder.

3. Remove the card and insert it into your SD card reader on your computer. Copy the downloaded CPF files from your computer to the PRESET folder on the card. Move the card back to the camcorder.

4. Press the CP Select button and cycle past the six internal camera files. The ones from the card should be next. See the top of page 81.

Hope this helps,

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Chris-
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it, the camera created the PRESET folder, exactly as you described, but still no go. By the way, the camera cycles thru 9 presets, not 6. Not sure if that has any bearing on anything, but wanted to mention it just in case.
Think there is something wrong with the camera?
Old January 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #57
Regular Crew

Actaully Chris, I think I found the problem. I've been clicking and dragging the cpf files onto the SD card assuming that would work. When I open it, it says it's a website link. When I try to download it, I am sent to the log in page, a problem similar to what I believe Jay Rodriguez had a short while ago.
Old January 6th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #58
New Boot

Live-image samples

G'day Chris, this is an awesome forum with really helpful hints - even for 70 year old amateurs like me - congratulations!!
The XH A1 arrived in Australia in early December but I'm still getting my head around the remarkable number of alternative options. I revisited the "Custom Presets" sticky but couldn't find your live-image samples from outdoor shots. Please point me in the right direction mate.
Kind regards,
Don
PS Sorry Chris, I originally posted this in the "Sticky" section
Don Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 04:03 AM   #59
Regular Crew

Lost orginal presets - essential? please post them here?

I downloaded the 18 presets - thanks a lot for sharing! What i didn't realise is that you can keep the orginal 9 settings stored in camera and add the 18 and only have them on the sd card - did I get i right?
Anyway I replaced the orginal presets - not necessary, and therefore I wonder if anyone could repost them here, or just the data on how they are set up? Are they any good by the way?

Kind regards Erik
Erik Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:03 AM   #60
Obstreperous Rex

The data for the included presets is in the operator's manual along with how to get them restored.

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders