DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon XH series -- various sample clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/81162-canon-xh-series-various-sample-clips.html)

Tony Nguyen February 3rd, 2009 10:11 PM

XHA1 in SD

This one was a project my group and I did in lighting for film class. We had about 4 hours to do this. I didn't work in HD because SD was just faster to render and work with.

Tony Films | "The Crooked"

Dave Nuttall February 4th, 2009 10:09 AM

Too bad the language is so unacceptable....it could be a nice teaching tool, but unfortunately that's not gonna fly with my group. But thanks for sharing.

Denys Pyevtsov February 5th, 2009 06:19 AM

Short film Trailer: SunnyRose

My team and myself recently and surprisendy won on a German Filmfestival with our shortfilm "SunnyRose" (made 100% with XH-A1). I took 5 minutes to cut a little trailer:

SunnyRose - Trailer on Vimeo

Alle comments are wellcome.

Have fun!

Janson Williams February 5th, 2009 12:51 PM

PURPLE is Subtle edit

rollerblading edit, filmed during the first month of my A1, February-March

60i
1/120

lots of grain on some clips, obviously from not knowing about turning off AGC, but still on some of my darker clips now-a-days, i get some grain, even with gain control at either -3 or 0, huh....?

PURPLE is Subtle on Vimeo

Tony Nguyen February 6th, 2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Nuttall (Post 1006415)
Too bad the language is so unacceptable....it could be a nice teaching tool, but unfortunately that's not gonna fly with my group. But thanks for sharing.

Yea. The profanity in here is pretty abundant. I didn't agree to that but it wasn't my script. I would "beep" it out but it'll be odd. Thanks though.

Toenis Liivamaegi February 7th, 2009 04:31 AM

Short film - Inertia

"Itīs been two weeks since the shareholders board was dismissed but somewhere on the vast factory floor thereīs still some devotion to be found."

Filmed with +3 gain and original wide angle converter.
Inertia on Vimeo

T

James Orlowski February 7th, 2009 09:40 AM

Stock Demo Reel

Not sure if this is appropriate to post here, but all of the video was shot with my XH-A1. Thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.

OrlowskiDesigns.com - Royalty-Free High-Definition HD Stock Footage

Just close your eyes for the non-XH-A1 clips.

Pavel Sedlak February 7th, 2009 10:17 AM

Resov waterfalls

2 Attachment(s)
There are small waterfalls at this short summer film from my holiday. Some noise at the beginning is my forgetfulness. I like nature in the second half of movie, it look's very nice. It was shot at 2007, I make new cut now.

Resov Waterfalls on Vimeo

(The same is this link - http://www.videoproduce.cz/images/RESOV_09_uprava.wmv - 220MB )

Dennis Murphy February 7th, 2009 02:00 PM

There's some cool shots there.
Did you use the XHA1 for the green screen?
Do you make enough to live from with stock footage, or is it a bit of a pocket money hobby on the side?

James Orlowski February 7th, 2009 02:07 PM

Thanks!

All the videos were shot with the XH-A1, even the green screen.

I started doing stock a few months ago. It's not my full-time job; it's just a minimally-paying hobby--for now.

Dennis Murphy February 7th, 2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Orlowski (Post 1008305)
All the videos were shot with the XH-A1, even the green screen.

I thought you pulled some very clean keys from 4:2:0.
What NLE/Pluggins did you use?

James Orlowski February 7th, 2009 10:02 PM

After Effects and Keylight.

Steve Lewis February 8th, 2009 11:20 PM

New Avant-Garde Film

"Hungry Hungry Hippos" avant-garde art cinema film on Vimeo

Single greatest Avant-Garde, Art-cinema, counter-culture, Experimentalist, anti-hegemonic masterpiece ever made.

Shot on XHA1

-Steve

John Estcourt February 9th, 2009 03:23 AM

It might be me Steve but I dont get it, sorry

Paul Mailath February 9th, 2009 04:51 AM

It's not just you John... and opus seems to have lost it's original meaning