Canon XH series -- various sample clips - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 14th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #91
Major Player

Wow, camera shoots great SD also!
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #92
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L. Miller View Post
Wow, camera shoots great SD also!
Yeah It's great!
Alain Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #93
Regular Crew

Another music video

It's not much, and the quailty is pretty bad (You Tube), but never-the-less... My first contribution to the "sample clips" page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYB0e4FyDZ0

Stacy Dudley
Stacy Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #94
Regular Crew

...Wow...

I really hope you were on drugs when making this video because if you weren't you have an insanely trippy mind. lol.

Well I know what video to show my stoner friends. XP
Jerrod Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #95
Regular Crew

Springtime footage

A couple of pleasant evenings recently... couldn't resist trying out the new XH-A1 - back yard shots plus a few of the locale..
Still learning about how much I can modify things - but used VIVIDRGB for most shots. Hand held shots were hard - should've taken the tripod...
http://web.mac.com/rossdjones/iWeb/Movies/Spring.html
Comments welcomed..
Rgds, Ross.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Access:
Username: Guest
Password: Movies
Size: 83.2MB
Type: QT (H.264)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Ross Jones; May 19th, 2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Omission of website access user/password...
Ross Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #96
Major Player

It's asking me for a username / password...? IE 7.0...
Doug Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #97
Regular Crew

Ah, good point..!

User: Guest
P/W: Movies

Sorry about that..!

Rgds, Ross.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ross Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #98
Major Player

Its a big file... But it looks really nice!

Looks like you live in a cool area. Its very nice looking!

I am impressed how well you can hold the camera stable! I have the hardest time with freehand..

Cool stuff, keep it up!
~Gabriel
Old May 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #99
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager View Post
Its a big file... But it looks really nice!

Looks like you live in a cool area. Its very nice looking!

I am impressed how well you can hold the camera stable! I have the hardest time with freehand..

Cool stuff, keep it up!
~Gabriel

Might try the spider brace... Reasonably cheap $69...

Looks like good stuff man... I really like the VIVID RGB preset... One thing I seem to have noticed with the A1 is that the footage overall seems to be flat... In post I usually make a brightness / contrast adjustment to really push the color envelope almost to the sureal point but not crossing it... Just my two cents...
Doug Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #100
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrod Cordell View Post
...Wow...

I really hope you were on drugs when making this video because if you weren't you have an insanely trippy mind. lol.

Well I know what video to show my stoner friends. XP
Believe it or not, I take that as a very big compliment! Thank you.

NO, I don't do drugs. I am a drummer in a band and when I got my A1, I told my guitar player I would like to use her as my Guinea Pig for my first test video. I had another song in mind but this is the one she chose. When I think of Timothy Leary, I can't help but think of all the 60's acid trip stuff so I took extra time in post to try and achieve that feel. The feedback I have received thus far (family, friends, coworkers, etc.) leads me to believe I managed to pull it off.

As far as the "footage" goes, I am rather embarrassed to post the link here on this site because of all the great video footage I have seen from everyone else. The "extremely" compressed You Tube footage looks horrible but since I don't have any other site to post my footage to (at this time), I decided to go ahead and link what I have.

I have never used a camera like this before so I really don't do it justice. All the settings were straight out of the box. I used this video as a learning tool to get familiar with the cameras functions, etc. I can't wait to get into the custom presets, etc. Not just yet though. I have to become a lot more familiar with shooting good video first.

Until now I have only used small camcorders in automatic mode. I didn't even understand what it means to "white balance"! Even after going through every part of the manual and studying everything in it, I was quite overwhelmed when I actually went to shoot. I really started to think I bought way too much camera for my needs. So... I have a LOT to learn yet but thanks to the information I have gained so far here on DVi, I am excited to continue my painful yet pleasureful journey into my video hobby.

Honestly, I should have just taken up guitar or keyboards. I didn't realize learning how to use a camera was like learning a new instrument! I have definitely gained a new respect for those who do this for a living.

Stacy
Stacy Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #101
Regular Crew

Yeah, I haven't really had much experience with a professional camera at all either, so when I get it (tomorrow, weeee!) I'm sure it'll take awhile. It doesn't seem that hard though. I mean I've played with everything imaginable on my little Panasonic 3CCD consumer camera, and I took a TV Productions class, so I'm sure that all helped. Not to mention Myspace and everything I've learned in DVi. There are really only five basic things you need to learn. White Balance, Shutter Speed, Iris, Frame Rate, and Composition (specifically Rule of Thirds). There are a lot of other things I learned about this camera just from the internet (Gamma, Color Matrix, etc.) but you can just look at the brochure on the Canon website to learn about that.

But I am really impressed with the music video. It seems like you know more than you think. It made me laugh hysterically and question my sobriety. XD
Jerrod Cordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM   #102
Regular Crew

HD-DVD Test 1.0---Shot in 25f with A1---

Hi guys I found after a very very intensive research a good workflow to create a great quality HD-DVD disc from HDV video even from 25f.

The workflow is posted here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...241#post683241

and the test is:

This is my HD-DVD test 1.0
Download it here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VUG4KNN7

It's an ISO file (burn it with IMGBURN or NERO) in a DVD-RW (You don't need to spend DVD-R, rewritables are fine).

It will only play in HD-DVD players. It's been tested in xbox add on, and Toshibas A1 and E1. The magic is that the video was shot in 25f with an european Canon XH A1).

The video itself is 2:39 long and it's a 359 Mb. The firsts shots are not very steady sorry about that (I was in a rush) but this proves to all of you that a great quality HD-DVD is possible with any progessive capable HDV camera.

Please post here your impressions and in the other thread about the workflow.
Sergio Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:59 PM   #103
Regular Crew

For some reason I am unable to download the file it downloads a 0byte file, i will try again at a later time.
Eric Sipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:08 PM   #104
Regular Crew

it¡s weird. More than 30 people downloaded it in Spain without problems. Remember to type the requested code in the grey box next to "download".

Last edited by Sergio Garcia; May 21st, 2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: typo
Sergio Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM   #105
New Boot

A Hot Cup of Bliss (student movie)

Wow, I really do love how the XH-A1 makes my stuff look. I haven't been able to use it to it's full potential yet, but I'll get there.

Anyways, this is a student film project. It's under ten minutes long... and... enjoy!

Comments and criticisms will be much appreciated.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x3SOR3v7OGY
Farid Alkhajah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders