Newbie to the canon xh a1 final cut problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 30th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Newbie to the canon xh a1 final cut problem

recently shot a wedding in 24f with canon a1 didn't know final cut didn't have the drop down menu..i'm sure there's a post on here to fix it....what's the best work around and the ultimate problem solver..

thanks for the input...
Tony Bahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Major Player

Maybe this thread will help you... if you have the new FCP 5.1.2 crossgrade

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=84122
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #3
New Boot

thanks...now i must get crossgrade update...is it true you have to send your original disks back to apple to get new ones?
Tony Bahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #4
Major Player

Yep... but you better hurry, I think the $50 promo ends sometime in March this year

http://www.apple.com/universal/crossgrade/

I sent mine in with my $52 check (tax) and I got it back in a week. They also don't send you new printed manuals, only the online PDFs, but what's there to complain about for $50?

It's well worth $50... the tiny few features that changed plus the 24f support make it well worth your time
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 07:21 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Weeks
It's well worth $50... the tiny few features that changed plus the 24f support make it well worth your time
Yep ... plus, one feature most don't think about that ISN'T tiny is that the new version is native to Intel Mac's, which are ridiculously faster than the PowerPC Mac's...
Matt Crane is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders