Should I buy an A1 for my indie movie? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM   #31
Regular Crew

This has turned in to my dream thread, all the tips on cheap equipment!

I just have one question, i checked out the ETC source 4, and it has en "Edison" connector, is this a standard wall outlet like i am used to, or is some sort of adapter needed?
John Brinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:01 PM   #32
Contributor

That's the standard household plug.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duggins View Post
Good, the AT897 comes with one, so I'll ditch the $110 dead cat.
I don't think the foam windshield will, by itself, come close to protecting your mic from a decent breeze. Rather than buy a "Dead Cat," go to an auto supply store and get a "washing mitt" made of artificial fur for under $10 (I once bought a couple at Big Lots for $1.50 apiece). You can cut the mitt up and re-sew it, or even just staple it to conform with your mic's size. It should work as well as the "cat," dead or alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duggins View Post
What do you guys think of the Oktaba MK012A "Bello Nero" with Hypercardioid Capsule? It was recommended to me as being way better for my indoor/outdoor purposes than the AT897.
As for the mic itself, I really like the AKG Blue Line hypercardioid. It sounds quite good indoors and out, has a narrow pickup and gets a good grade on handling noise. If you're not in a rush, they turn up on eBay for around $225 (as a unit with the SE 300B preamp) every couple of weeks.

Good luck with your film.

Best wishes,
Peter

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders